- Data management
- Data Analytics
- Internet of things
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Factory
- Customer Experience
- Data-driven ESG
- Case Studies
With the advent of digital processes, the importance of data, its storage and further processing or analysis is increasing. As companies' IT ecosystems become more complex, the amount of data that companies collect and analyse grows. The number of systems where data is stored and the number of ways and places where data is handled are increasing. All of this translates into an increasing number of data transfers taking place in companies' IT infrastructure.
At Adastra, we have been working with data for more than 20 years. As a result, we frequently encounter situations where customers have both one-time and recurring needs:
- transfer data from the original on-premise environment (system or application); to the cloud, to a new environment also built on-premise, or to hybrid data platforms
- transfer data to a test environment
- archive historical data on a different data platform than where it is captured
- archive historical data in a much longer/complete history
- anonymise data for analytical tasks (e.g. without customer identification)
- optimise and time individual data transfers to minimise the burden on the organisation’s IT infrastructure
Adoki, Adastra’s open-source replication tool, can help with these and other tasks. Adoki:
- Controls data transfers to and from any data platform from a single location
- allows you to generate and scale data transfers
- does not limit the number or size of tables to be transferred
- works with all common data formats
- ensures consistent data schemas
- can anonymise data
- optimises data transfers to minimise the load on platforms
- provides statistics on the status and outcome of the transfer
Case study: more than 5,000 spreadsheets are transferred daily in a large Czech bank Adoki
One of the most important banks in the Czech Republic needs to automatically move huge amounts of data between its data warehouse and the Big Data platform. It uses the Adoki replication tool, which controls and manages all data transfers between many platforms, including primary applications and other databases (Teradata, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) from a single location.
Adoki ensures consistency of complex data structures and saves time, effort and resources in a company that needs data in multiple locations across multiple data platforms. Data transfers are automatically synchronized, scheduled and monitored.
With Adoki, the bank has gained confidence that data transfers are fail-safe and completed on time.
Fast and easy deployment
The Adoki implementation requires no additional hardware investment (given the existence of a Big Data platform) and is ready in 4 weeks. Thanks to its intuitive graphical user interface, it can be used by data specialists and trained business users immediately after deployment in the organization’s IT ecosystem.